Join the next generation of poetry producers and help shape the future of live poetry.
Application submissions for 2017 are now closed.
Poet in the City Producers is a group of talented 16-25 year olds producing events for high-profile venues as part of our programme, and advising us on how we engage new audiences. We will provide you with leadership training, industry skills workshops, networking opportunities and creative experiences to progress your careers.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop your career in the arts, working with some of the world’s leading poets, creative thinkers and arts organisations.
We’re looking for curious, creative and enthusiastic young people to welcome into the Producers.
Email your written application or send a video application to Sarisha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is Midnight on Sunday 19th February.
What will you do?
- Produce your own live poetry events
- Become an ambassador for the live poetry sector, taking an active role in advising on our programming
- Lead and take part in a series of informative roundtable discussions, exploring poetry’s relationship with wider society
- Backstage access to world-class arts events and expert speakers and poets
- Regular workshops on curating, managing and marketing public events
- One-to-one meetings with Poet in the City’s prestigious partners, offering the chance to discuss future career choices
- Tour your event to St Hugh’s College, Oxford University and network with notable alumni
- Welcome and graduation celebrations
What will you gain?
- Hands-on knowledge of curating, managing and marketing successful events for large audiences
- New skills for your CV, helping you stand out from the crowd
- Unrivalled access to Poet in the City’s diverse and influential network of contacts
- The chance to change the face of live poetry.
Who are we?
Poet in the City is a leading arts organisation challenging the boundaries of live poetry and curating imaginative events which bring poetry to life for new and diverse audiences.
We produce a range of events in partnership with some of the most prestigious names in the arts world, from Kings Place and the Southbank Centre, to the British Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Royal Opera House and RichMix. Through our work, we have fostered a genuine and growing appetite for accessible, challenging and inspiring poetry performances, positioning poetry as an engaging platform for ideas.
2016 Young Producers Events
Interview with the Poet in the City Producers 2016:
The 2016 scheme was delivered with generous support from the friends of Angela Inglis.
History of Poet in the City Producers
Since 2013 Poet in the City has been running mentoring schemes to engage young people with what we do and encourage access into the arts for everyone. Previous years have seen us work in collaboration with Maria Fidelis School, UCL Academy and Mulberry School for Girls.
Now, after three successful years of mentoring, we relaunched our youth engagement programme as Poet in the City Producers now in its second year.
If you are curious about the arts and want to see if this could be the career for you, do get in touch. All applications need to be sent to email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 014 2812 for more information.